Do you know that Czech crystal is not just glasses, vases, bowls and decanters, but also jewelery and various accessories?
Please also visit the Jewelry and Accessories category and choose a Crystal Sunrise Crystal Jewelry or an original lettering knife with a Crystal Brooch Handle.
Machine production of Bohemian crystal
Video from machine production of Czech crystal
The video walks you through the entire production process, with the following steps:
1) First, a loose mixture is prepared, the main raw material of which is scarifying sand.
2) The mixture is melted in large furnaces where the temperature exceeds 1000 ° C.
3) The glass is pressed in stand-up into prepared metal forms (Production of such a mold is very costly, moves in a row of hundreds of thousands, and must be very accurate). The molds are mainly pressed bowls, vases and decanters.
4) Glasses of various shapes and sizes are produced by a special rotary machine that compete with the chalices, stems and bottoms, as can be seen in the video (several hundred thousand pieces are produced daily).
5) After cooling, the glass is further cleaned, polished, grinded and treated.
6) Strict output control follows.
The human factor still plays a major role in machine production. Particular people are behind the creation of product designs, the precise production of molds, the operation of production lines (where there is not only a very high temperature but also heavy noise) and last but not least, a strict quality control. The result of their work are beautiful and high-quality Czech crystal products that honor the tradition and history of the world-famous Bohemia Crystal brand.
You too can buy a piece of crystal beauty on our e-shopu.